- 1 The unconscious covers an essential role in my art.
- 2 According to my experience, we go through most of our
- 3 Only a slight degree of awareness and presence of mind
are present in our life, a tiny percentage of human beings
is able to put them in practice.
- 4 My art is partly the result of this practice. To be
able to reach the essential it is necessary to know what
insight is and to experience it.
- 5 Through the vision of depth, I can intuitively comprehend
the dynamics of self, and I can convey the calm that comes
from this in my paintings.
- 6 My art has seen various kinds of development in its
dynamics, from drawings to insights to the unconscious to
the mandalas or psychocosmograms.
- 7 I have always been partial to the interpretation of
the unconscious part of our mind.
- 8 The works which are named "the unconscious" represent
the network of images and colors that follow one another
and form - and are transformed into - other imaginary situations.
- 9 Our history is written in our unconscious, from conception
to current times, and all the history of this world's development,
from the era of dinosaurs to Neanderthal man, but it also
includes the era in which the first forms of life appeared,
the unicellular organisms, or algae.
- 10 I have named the monsters which appear in the paintings
"the unconscious"; they are the substratum of psychic matter
that has been deposited in the psyche of all human beings.